“I Didn’t Do That Out Of Malice Or Out Of ‘Bad Belle”- Former President Obasanjo Says About His Open Letter To President Buhari

Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo says his recent open letter to President Muhammadu was not borne out of malice or ‘bad belle’, Punch reports.

Shortly after his registration as a member of Coalition for Nigeria Movement in Ogun State on Thursday. Chief Obasanjo who recently bagged a Ph.D in Christian Theology, addressed scores of potential members who had gathered at the secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalsts, he stated that he was surprised that many Nigerians were worried that he had exchange pleasantries with President Buhari at the African Unity summit at Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia, few days after he wrote the open letter to him(Buhari).

“I didn’t do that out of malice or out of ‘bad belle’; I did it out of my respect for that office and my interest and I hope in your interest and the interest of Buhari in Nigeria.”  said Obasanjo.

He made it clear that his condemnation of the Buhari-led government was not in all aspects, he had given credit to areas it did well.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.