Arnold Schwarzenegger Reportedly Undergoes Emergency Open Heart Surgery In LA

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger reportedly underwent emergency heart surgery this week.

On Thursday, March 29, 2018, the 70-year-old actor experienced complications during a catheter valve replacement procedure at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, TMZ reports.

When the valve replacement failed during the "somewhat experimental" operation, doctors performed emergency open-heart surgery. The operation reportedly lasted several hours.

However his spokesman insisted that he was in a stable condition following the op and even joked around.

Daniel Ketchell tweeted that Schwarzenegger was awake, adding: “His first words were actually ‘I’m back’, so he is in good spirits.”

It isn’t the first time the seven-time Mr Olympia, affectionately known as Arnie, has undergone heart surgery.

He had elective surgery to replace a defective, congenital aortic heart valve in 1997, when he was 50.

The former actor opted against having a mechanical valve because he thought it might limit his ability to exercise, which he was still obsessed with.

“When I was waiting for my first heart surgery in my mind I was going to have a tooth pulled.

“I was still playing pool at midnight and thinking this was just a minor thing that had nothing to with my body.

“My grandmother and mother died from the same thing. I came home (from the operation) and started cycling.

“It was a stupid thing to do but I couldn’t get my head around the fact that I’d need surgery.”

The intensity of bodybuilding puts competitors’ bodies — and hearts — under great duress, according to Livestrong.

A report published in a 2006 edition of Cardiology magazine said lifting more than half your body weight puts your heart in jeopardy.





Disclaimer: Stories culled and pictures posted on this blog will be given due credit and is not the fault of drifternews.blogspot.com if website culled from misrepresents source of story.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.