Bayern Munich And Germany Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer Doubtful Of World Cup Participation

Manuel Neuer
Bayern Munich and Germany's first choice goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has expressed doubts he would be fit to play for the German team as the 2018 World Cup draws close.

Neuer, 32, only resumed full training with the German champions on Tuesday after breaking his metatarsal in the 4-0 win over Mainz on 16 September 2017.

“It’s going well and I’m feeling good, but I have to make the right decision for me, the team and Germany,” the goaltender told local press.

“I want to get better each day and try to get fit as quickly as possible. We’ll see if it’s enough, but I can’t say for certain. It’s difficult to imagine playing at a tournament like the World Cup without any prior match practice.

“Anything could happen because right now we don’t know how it’s going to play out.” But I’m not thinking about playing in the DFB Cup final at the moment. I’m taking it one training session at a time. I need to have a good feeling before playing.”

He might return to action on June 2nd in a game against Austria or much earlier in Bayern’s DFB Cup final meeting with Eintracht Frankfurt, 19 May.

Die Mannschaft head coach Joachim Low will release his provisional World Cup team on 15 May, and must submit his final 23-man squad to FIFA by 4 June.





Disclaimer: Stories culled and pictures posted on this blog will be given due credit and is not the fault of drifternews.blogspot.com if website culled from misrepresents source of story.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.