Celebrity: 'How I Stumbled Into Acting' - Ramsey Nouah

Ramsey Nouah
Nigerian actor Ramsey Nouah has revealed that he never thought he would end up acting because, as a kid, he was “obsessed with planes, machines and gadgets that flew.”

According to Ramsey, he wanted to become a pilot even when he knew he had a dominant creative part.

He disclosed that he stumbled into acting as he needed money to register for GCE Examination following the tun of fortunes at home.

“Even though I knew I had a dominant creative side,” he told PUNCH, “I was sure I was going to become a pilot or an aeronautic engineer.

“I was obsessed with planes, machines and gadgets that flew and I knew I had to be involved somehow; whether by actually flying them, creating them or building them so other people could fly them.”

Speaking further, he said, “I needed money to take my GCE external examination and I just couldn’t get it, no matter where I went.

“So, I remembered that my friend had told me repeatedly that I had a gift in acting but I had never taken it seriously. When I needed money desperately to pay for my exams, I decided to give it a try and source some money from it.

“In 1990, I had a cameo role and in 1991, I had a role in the series, Mega Fortunes, which aired in 1993 and lasted for just a year. After that came the advent of home videos and it’s been a roller-coaster ride since then.

“I really just went into acting because I needed the money and not because I thought I could act. Over time, I realised that I had a strong passion for acting and thought to myself that acting could really just have been my calling.”





Disclaimer: Stories culled and pictures posted on this blog will be given due credit and is not the fault of drifternews.blogspot.com if website culled from misrepresents source of story.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.