Celebrity: LeBron James Opens 'I Promise School' For Underprivileged Children

LeBron James
NBA star LeBron James has launched an elementary school called “I Promise School” for underprivileged children in his hometown, Ohio.

The professional basketball player through the “LeBron James Family Foundation” and Akron (Ohio) Public Schools, launched this school on Sunday.

It is understood that the school is geared towards creating an opportunity for children with difficult life situations to attend school and soar.

In a video available on Instagram, LeBron said he has experienced what the kids in his hometown are going through.

“I know these kids… Basically more than they know themselves, I’ve walked those streets, I rode the same bikes they ride on… I went through the same emotions – the good, the bad, the adversity…. Everything that these kids are going through – the drugs, the violence, the guns everything that they are going through as kids I know’,” he said.





Disclaimer: Stories culled and pictures posted on this blog will be given due credit and is not the fault of drifternews.blogspot.com if website culled from misrepresents source of story.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.