Tennis: Nadal Reaches First Wimbledon Quarter-Final Since 2011

Rafael Nadal
Rafael Nadal on Monday reached his first Wimbledon quarter-final since 2011 courtesy of a straight-sets win over unseeded Czech Jiri Vesely.

The 32-year-old second seed won the contest 6-3 6-3 6-4.

Nadal will play either Argentine fifth seed Juan Martin del Potro or France’s Gilles Simon in the last eight.

The 17-time Grand Slam champion is playing his first tournament since winning an 11th French Open title in June.

“It is an important moment for me. I’m happy to be where I am and playing well,” he told BBC Sport.

“They have been four positive matches, I haven’t played on grass for a year and I’m hoping to keep enjoying it.”




Disclaimer: Stories culled and pictures posted on this blog will be given due credit and is not the fault of drifternews.blogspot.com if website culled from misrepresents source of story.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.